FMPRO2GO is committed to assisting charitable organizations, especially those devoted to children. We do a certain amount of pro bono publico work for charities. If you represent a charity or are employed by one, and if you need some assistance with web or database development, please contact us for information.
- Our commitment means that for every dollar paid to FMPRO2GO, we contribute a minimum of 10% to The Children's Defense Fund: http://www.childrensdefense.org/.
- The Children's Defense Fund was founded by lawyer, educator, activist, reformer, children's advocate, and administrator, MARIAN WRIGHT EDELMAN. She is the first African American woman admitted to the Mississippi state bar and continues to serve as President of the Fund.
- The Children's Defense Fund's "Leave No Child Behind" mission is to ensure every child a Healthy Start, a Head Start, a Fair Start, a Safe Start, and a Moral Start in life and successful passage to adulthood with the help of caring families and communities.
- CDF provides a strong, effective voice for all the children of America who cannot vote, lobby, or speak for themselves.
- CDF pays particular attention to the needs of poor and minority children and those with disabilities.
- CDF encourages preventive investment before children get sick or into trouble, drop out of school, or suffer family breakdown.
- CDF began in 1973 and is a private, nonprofit organization supported by foundation and corporate grants and individual donations. It has never taken government funds.
FMPRO2GO assists academic units in planning and managing the design, development, operation and maintenance of information. FMPRO2GO also is committed to assisting non-profit charitable organizations devoted to children.